Grange Rattan Trunk with Straps Small
Order now new stock arriving mid February.
RRP $255 OUR PRICE $195
This small cane storage trunk is strongly built with a wooden frame inside. Great for storage, as an occasional table and is strong enough to be extra seating as a stool. The beautifully handwoven cane is finished with a light whitewash which gives the whole thing a lovely aged greyish colour. Finished with wide, dark brown leather straps. The straps actually close with domes at the front so you don't need to undo the buckles when you want to access your throws, toys or magazines inside.
- 50cm tall
- 40cm wide
- 40cm deep
Note that as a handwoven item made from a natural material, measurements will be approximate. Coordinates perfectly with the matching Large Rattan Storage Trunk with Straps.
This item ships from our Silverwater NSW warehouse. If you choose to collect this item, it will be available from the Silverwater NSW warehouse. You will receive an SMS when it is ready to collect..
For incoming stock, please check the expected despatch timeframe above. The timeframe is our best estimate based on current advice from the factory. This made change depending on production and international shipping availability. To secure your item off an incoming container, place your order and we will keep you informed should there be any change to the arrival date.
In stock items are sent in approx 3-7 days with a dedicated furniture carrier. We book the soonest available spot with a suitable carrier and delivery can be expected approx 1-5 days after despatch (depending on your location).
Freight CostsFreight costs for furniture like this will vary depending on your location. Because this website uses an Australia Post parcel calculator, it may not charge the correct freight cost on large items like this. If the actual freight cost is different to what the website has calculated, we will get in touch with you to let you know the correct freight charges for your item to your location.
You're welcome to contact us to request a shipping quote before purchasing.
Rattan is a beautiful material for making furniture that naturally grows in very long canes perfect for weaving. To create a piece of furniture, the canes are cut down and then the long bundles are soaked in water for a few weeks to produce this lovely aged, warm grey colour known locally as 'kubu'. On this piece, a light greywash is then applied to create the soft colour. It is a very strong material that is perfect for making lightweight yet very sturdy pieces.
As a natural material, rattan is sensitive to its environment and a little bit of care and attention will keep it at its best.
- Keep your rattan out of direct sunlight and do not keep it where it can get wet from rain. The sun can cause the colour of the rattan to change and it can also cause it to dry and split.
- Brush your rattan on a regular basis to remove dust and prevent the growth of mildew. If you live in a humid climate, make sure to do this more often. Using a brush allows you to get into the gaps in the weaving to keep the chair free of dust and dirt.
- To clean the rattan, simple wipe it down with a damp (not wet) cloth dipped in a solution of warm water and mild dish soap. Do not over wet the rattan and do not use harsh chemicals or abrasives. Make sure it can dry quickly.
- If something is spilled on it, clean it straight away. Colours from the spill can be absorbed into the natural material so don't leave it.
- As a handwoven item, if you notice any rattan canes or poles that have become unwoven, simply slip them back into their original position by hand.
Some variations in the canes used in the weaving are to be expected as it is a natural material. These are not considered imperfections but are inherent to the character of a natural handwoven product.