Grange Rattan Storage Trunk with Straps
RRP $530 OUR PRICE $425
This large rattan trunk with dark brown straps comes in a greywash colour for that classic French provincial style. Inside the woven rattan is a sturdy timber framework to give this trunk its strength.
It measures 104cm long, 60cm wide and 50cm high so it's great as living room storage, behind your sofa or as an end of bed blanket box. Beautifully handwoven - you will love the quality of this piece.
On bulky items like this will vary depending on your location. When you check out, we will charge our best estimate of the shipping to your location. This website uses an Australia Post parcel calculator and this may not provide an accurate shipping charge for furniture items.
We will then select the best and most economical carrier to your location and let you know by email if there are any variations to the shipping you have been charged.
You're welcome to contact us to request a shipping quote before purchasing.
Rattan is a beautiful material for making furniture that naturally grows in very long canes perfect for weaving. To create a piece of furniture, the canes are cut down and then the long bundles are soaked in water for a few weeks to produce this lovely aged, warm grey colour known locally as 'kubu'. It is a very strong material that is perfect for making lightweight yet very sturdy pieces.
As a natural material, rattan is sensitive to its environment and a little bit of care and attention will keep it at its best.
- Keep your rattan out of direct sunlight and do not keep it where it can get wet from rain. The sun can cause the colour of the rattan to change and it can also cause it to dry and split.
- Brush the rattan on a regular basis to remove dust and prevent the growth of mildew. If you live in a humid climate, make sure to do this more often. Using a brush allows you to get into the gaps in the weaving to keep the chair free of dust and dirt.
- To clean the rattan, simple wipe it down with a damp (not wet) cloth dipped in a solution of warm water and mild dish soap. Do not over wet the rattan and do not use harsh chemicals or abrasives. Make sure it can dry quickly.
- If something is spilled on it, clean it straight away. Colours from the spill can be absorbed into the natural material so don't leave it.
- As a handwoven item, if you notice any rattan canes or poles that have become unwoven, simply slip them back into their original position by hand.
- Clean up spills immediately with a damp cloth.