Como Diamond Weave Laundry Hamper
Beautiful, strong and super practical, you'll love the way this rattan laundry hamper transforms storage in your home. As functional as it is beautiful, this amazing washing basket will take pride of place in your bedroom, walk-in-robe or ensuite bathroom.
Large laundry hamper
Designed with a classic rectangle shape, this beautiful laundry hamper or laundry basket features a generous compartment for your washing. The rattan is handwoven and features a decorative panel in a pretty diamond weave. This will look gorgeous sitting neatly against your wall. Topped by a matching lift-off lid, all you will see between washes is the beautiful handwoven rattan - no unsightly mess!
Lined clothes basket
The generously sized compartment in this clothes basket is lined with natural cotton fabric which is breathable to prevent smells from growing. The liner is removeable so you can easily take it out and wash it.
Overall measurements of the this laundry hamper are approx 63cm tall, 54cm wide and 41cm deep.
Handwoven from natural rattan canes.
This clothes hamper ships from our Peakhurst NSW warehouse. Usually despatched in 1-3 days with Australia Post.
If you choose to collect this item, it will be available from the Peakhurst NSW warehouse. You will receive an SMS when it is ready to collect.
- 63cm tall
- 54cm wide
- 41cm deep
- Made from natural rattan
Note that as this item is handwoven by artisans from a natural material, measurements are approximate and you will see variations from piece to piece that are an inherent feature of this type of product and are not considered faults.
Rattan is a beautiful material for making furniture that naturally grows in very long canes perfect for weaving. To create a basket, the canes are cut down and then the long bundles are soaked in water for a few weeks to produce this lovely aged, warm grey colour known locally as 'kubu'. It is a very strong material that is perfect for making lightweight yet very sturdy pieces.
As a natural material, rattan is sensitive to its environment and a little bit of care and attention will keep it at its best.
- Keep your rattan out of direct sunlight and do not keep it where it can get wet from rain. The sun can cause the colour of the rattan to change and it can also cause it to dry and split.
- Brush your rattan on a regular basis to remove dust and prevent the growth of mildew. If you live in a humid climate, make sure to do this more often. Using a brush allows you to get into the gaps in the weaving to keep the chair free of dust and dirt.
- To clean the rattan, simple wipe it down with a damp (not wet) cloth dipped in a solution of warm water and mild dish soap. Do not over wet the rattan and do not use harsh chemicals or abrasives. Make sure it can dry quickly.
- If something is spilled on it, clean it straight away. Colours from the spill can be absorbed into the natural material so don't leave it.
- As a handwoven item, if you notice any rattan canes or poles that have become unwoven, simply slip them back into their original position by hand.
Some variations in the canes used in the weaving are to be expected as it is a natural material. These are not considered imperfections but are inherent to the character of a natural handwoven product.