Boston Rattan Dog Bowl - Large
$39.95 Choose Giftwrap
Elegant, five star dining for your favourite four-legged friend! The new Boston Rattan Dog Bowl is a beauty. Made from natural rattan canes, it is beautiful handwoven in a gently tapered shape and holds a removable stainless steel bowl that is easily lifted out and dishwasher safe.
Rattan pet bowl
This lovely pet bowl can be used for all dogs but is ideal for medium to large dogs. What better way to make sure every corner of your home reflects your personal style and creates a harmonious home interior.
Measures approx 23cm in diameter at the top, 28cm in diameter at the bottom and stands 12cm tall.
Note that as this item is handwoven from natural materials, some minor variation between items is only to be expected and not considered a fault.
This item ships from our Peakhurst NSW warehouse. Usually despatched in 1-3 days with Australia Post.
If you choose to collect this item, it will be available from the Peakhurst NSW warehouse. You will receive an SMS when it is ready to collect.
- 23cm diameter (top)
- 28cm diameter (base)
- 12cm tall
- Stainless steel bowl
- Natural rattan case
Note that as this item is handwoven by artisans from a natural material, measurements are approximate and you will see variations from piece to piece that are an inherent feature of this type of product and are not considered faults.
Rattan is a beautiful material for making furniture that naturally grows in very long canes perfect for weaving. To create a basket, the canes are cut down and then the long bundles are soaked in water for a few weeks to produce this lovely aged, warm grey colour known locally as 'kubu'. It is a very strong material that is perfect for making lightweight yet very sturdy pieces.
As a natural material, rattan is sensitive to its environment and a little bit of care and attention will keep it at its best.
- Keep your rattan out of direct sunlight and do not keep it where it can get wet from rain. The sun can cause the colour of the rattan to change and it can also cause it to dry and split.
- Brush your rattan on a regular basis to remove dust and prevent the growth of mildew. If you live in a humid climate, make sure to do this more often. Using a brush allows you to get into the gaps in the weaving to keep the chair free of dust and dirt.
- To clean the rattan, simple wipe it down with a damp (not wet) cloth dipped in a solution of warm water and mild dish soap. Do not over wet the rattan and do not use harsh chemicals or abrasives. Make sure it can dry quickly.
- If something is spilled on it, clean it straight away. Colours from the spill can be absorbed into the natural material so don't leave it.
- As a handwoven item, if you notice any rattan canes or poles that have become unwoven, simply slip them back into their original position by hand.
Some variations in the canes used in the weaving are to be expected as it is a natural material. These are not considered imperfections but are inherent to the character of a natural handwoven product.