RRP $215 OUR PRICE $170
The Highbury Footstool is made from a beautiful antique grey rattan and comes complete with the cream colour cushion as shown. This footstool is designed to coordinate perfectly with the matching Highbury Armchair.
Highbury Footstool measures 70cm x 50cm and 40cm high.
On bulky items like this will vary depending on your location. When you check out, we will charge our best estimate of the shipping to your location. This website uses an Australia Post parcel calculator and this may not provide an accurate shipping charge for furniture items.
We will then select the best and most economical carrier to your location and let you know by email if there are any variations to the shipping you have been charged.
You're welcome to contact us to request a shipping quote before purchasing.
Rattan is a beautiful material for making furniture that naturally grows in very long canes perfect for weaving. To create a piece of furniture, the canes are cut down and then the long bundles are soaked in water for a few weeks to produce this lovely aged, warm grey colour known locally as 'kubu'. It is a very strong material that is perfect for making lightweight yet very sturdy pieces.
As a natural material, rattan is sensitive to its environment and a little bit of care and attention will keep it at its best.
- Keep your rattan out of direct sunlight and do not keep it where it can get wet from rain. The sun can cause the colour of the rattan to change and it can also cause it to dry and split.
- Brush your rattan footstool on a regular basis to remove dust and prevent the growth of mildew. If you live in a humid climate, make sure to do this more often. Using a brush allows you to get into the gaps in the weaving to keep the chair free of dust and dirt.
- To clean the rattan, simple wipe it down with a damp (not wet) cloth dipped in a solution of warm water and mild dish soap. Do not over wet the rattan and do not use harsh chemicals or abrasives. Make sure it can dry quickly.
- If something is spilled on it, clean it straight away. Colours from the spill can be absorbed into the natural material so don't leave it.
- As a handwoven item, if you notice any rattan canes or poles that have become unwoven, simply slip them back into their original position by hand.
- To maintain the condition of the cushions, keep them out of direct sunlight and rotate them regularly. Clean up spills immediately with a damp cloth.