Paddington Rattan Umbrella Holder - Square
Rattan Umbrella Holder
This gorgeous umbrella holder brings the beauty of natural materials and handwoven authenticity to your entryway. Made from naturally aged rattan canes, it has an antique grey-brown colour that is the perfect complement to your farmhouse, Provincial or Hamptons style home. Rattan is a strong material so this will be a sturdy piece to use in your hallway by the front door.
*Features a tin tray inside the base to catch any stray drips of water.
Rattan Storage For Your Home
It's always difficult to clear up the mess in your home, but at French Knot we have a range of gorgeous storage solutions for your home. This umbrella holder is a great way to clear up the clutter in your front hall. Rattan is a gorgeous natural material is very durable, and has a wonderful rustic charm that allows it to blend seamlessly into homes of a variety of styles. Take a look at the rest of our lovely rattan products here.
This is designed in a square shape with a handle on each side at the top.
Stands approx 60cm tall and 27cm square.
Note that as this item is handwoven by artisans from a natural material, measurements are approximate and may vary slightly from piece to piece.
Our umbrella stands ship from our Peakhurst NSW warehouse. Usually despatched in 1-3 days with Australia Post.
If you choose to collect this item, it will be available from the Peakhurst NSW warehouse. You will receive an SMS when it is ready to collect.
You may also like this large basket made from rattan.
Specifications: Umbrella Stands
- 60cm tall
- 27cm square
- Made from natural rattan
Rattan is a beautiful material for making furniture that naturally grows in very long canes perfect for weaving. To create a basket, the canes are cut down and then the long bundles are soaked in water for a few weeks to produce this lovely aged, warm grey colour known locally as 'kubu'. It is a very strong material that is perfect for making lightweight yet very sturdy pieces.
As a natural material, rattan is sensitive to its environment and a little bit of care and attention will keep it at its best.
- Keep your rattan out of direct sunlight and do not keep it where it can get wet from rain. The sun can cause the colour of the rattan to change and it can also cause it to dry and split.
- Brush your rattan on a regular basis to remove dust and prevent the growth of mildew. If you live in a humid climate, make sure to do this more often. Using a brush allows you to get into the gaps in the weaving to keep the chair free of dust and dirt.
- To clean the rattan, simple wipe it down with a damp (not wet) cloth dipped in a solution of warm water and mild dish soap. Do not over wet the rattan and do not use harsh chemicals or abrasives. Make sure it can dry quickly.
- If something is spilled on it, clean it straight away. Colours from the spill can be absorbed into the natural material so don't leave it.
- As a handwoven item, if you notice any rattan canes or poles that have become unwoven, simply slip them back into their original position by hand.
Some variations in the canes used in the weaving are to be expected as it is a natural material. These are not considered imperfections but are inherent to the character of a natural handwoven product.