Oliver Rattan Storage Trunk - Blanket Box Greywash
RRP $265 OUR PRICE $215
This sturdy rattan trunk comes in fresh, greywash for that classic French provincial style.
It measures 80cm long, 46cm tall and 46cm deep.
So it's great as an end of bed blanket box for single beds, storage in your living room or rumpus, or hall storage. The solid timber frame makes this strong enough to double as extra seating when required.
Beautifully handwoven from whole, not split, cane. You will love the quality of this piece.
On bulky items like this will vary depending on your location. When you check out, we will charge our best estimate of the shipping to your location. This website uses an Australia Post parcel calculator and this may not provide an accurate shipping charge for furniture items.
We will then select the best and most economical carrier to your location and let you know by email if there are any variations to the shipping you have been charged.
You're welcome to contact us to request a shipping quote before purchasing.
Rattan is a beautiful material for making furniture that naturally grows in very long canes perfect for weaving. To create a piece of furniture, the canes are cut down and then the long bundles are soaked in water for a few weeks to produce this lovely aged, warm grey colour known locally as 'kubu'. It is a very strong material that is perfect for making lightweight yet very sturdy pieces.
As a natural material, rattan is sensitive to its environment and a little bit of care and attention will keep it at its best.
- Keep your rattan out of direct sunlight and do not keep it where it can get wet from rain. The sun can cause the colour of the rattan to change and it can also cause it to dry and split.
- Brush the rattan on a regular basis to remove dust and prevent the growth of mildew. If you live in a humid climate, make sure to do this more often. Using a brush allows you to get into the gaps in the weaving to keep the chair free of dust and dirt.
- To clean the rattan, simple wipe it down with a damp (not wet) cloth dipped in a solution of warm water and mild dish soap. Do not over wet the rattan and do not use harsh chemicals or abrasives. Make sure it can dry quickly.
- If something is spilled on it, clean it straight away. Colours from the spill can be absorbed into the natural material so don't leave it.
- As a handwoven item, if you notice any rattan canes or poles that have become unwoven, simply slip them back into their original position by hand.